The Strategic Air & Space Museum Education Department is dedicated to delivering quality science, technology, engineering and mathematics based programs. Created and delivered by trained educators (with a multitude of backgrounds including certified teachers, college students, full-time informal educators, and school volunteers), the Education Department offers a variety of programs that will satisfy any group, requirement or learning goal.
What programs do you offer?
- Home School Days - field trips for the home school set; we offer themed workshops twice a month for all ages;
- Pint-Sized Play Dates - Early Childhood Learning Standards are used to create fun edu-taining programs for youngsters on the first Tuesday of every month;
- Scout Adventures – Overnights, workshops and project opportunities are available for individuals and groups;
- Field Trips - all based on Nebraska State Standards, our field trips will reinvigorate and launch the curiousity of your students;
- Cool Science 2 Go – bring the power of the SASM to your school or organizations with education programs delivered to your door by SASM staff;
- Overnights - see the museum in a different light – night lights, with an educational overnight stay at the SASM;
- Camps & Workshops – delve deep into STEM topics with our Summer, Winter, and Spring Camps, as well as our Weekend Workshops, offered intermittantly throughout the year;
- Annual Science Fair - a day of STEM inquiry featuring Science Fair projects produced by home, public, and private school students in Grades 3-8;
- Science Zone – during your regular visit to the Museum, we can edu-tain your kids with hands-on interactives and activities in our Science Zone, located at the base of the escalators.
How do I learn more about your programs? Contact staff by calling 402-944-3100 ext. 208, or emailing the Education Department.
What if I want a different experience than what you currently offer? We are happy to customize an educational program to suit your needs. Give staff a call and we’ll create a program that helps you and your group take flight!
Do you have any jobs, internships or volunteer positions available? The Education Department is always on the look-out for passionate individuals to assist delivering quality content to our guests. Currently open positions are posted on our website. For volunteer positions please contact staff for more information.
How can I receive updates about Education offerings? Enter your contact info into our mailing list and you’ll be the first to know about new education programs, exhibits and events!